Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm so over it.

Turns out, I'm not nearly as patient as I thought I was. Why can't I be all better already???

Man, this weekend was great. Shaun came up, and on Saturday I even felt good enough for him to take me out to lunch and a little shopping. To quote my friend Cecelia, I felt "on top of the world"!

Guess those steroids they gave me before the surgery were making me feel pretty good, because once they wore off, I realized I really didn't magically bounce back that quickly. Don't worry, I'm still doing really well! Saw my surgeon for a follow up today and she was super pleased with how I'm healing. The thing is, well, I'm just tired. I haven't been able to go back to work or yoga or running this week like I really thought I would. Okay, it's only Tuesday. I had surgery on Friday. But what Dan says about me is true: I don't do sick very well.

I may not be patient, but I am decisive. I'm not going to sit around and worry about what I can't do. Instead, this next week (or so) is all about the positives. Today we had our follow up with the surgeon, and guess what? The tumor they took out was actually a little smaller than they thought it was... only .7 cm. The margins are all clear, meaning it hasn't spread to the surrounding tissue. And the nodes they biopsied are officially cancer-free. As I type this, I have a huge smile across my face because I realize how very, very fortunate I am! Thanks to everyone for your prayers... I believe they are really working.

Mmm, time for some of my husband's home cooking and my favorite new addiction, the Olympics!

6 comments:

  1. Jessica:

    What wonderful news! I'm so happy that you caught this in time.

    Just a thought from your old hyper Cousin Cyndee--take this time to speed your recovery by breathing deeply, getting in touch with your inner voice, being peaceful and accepting the slower things in life like letting your body heal and enjoying early spring in Austin.

    Love you both!
    Cousin Cyndee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad to hear all of this. Still praying for your recovery. :)

    Love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally understand just wanting to get back to normal! You're so close! At least it's yucky outside... I wouldn't want to be out running in that. But I'm not one to talk... I've developed some kind of phobia against exercising! Great news on the clean margins. That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jessica, I was so looking forward to seeing you in support group last night but due to the snow... Next Tuesday. Give yourself some time. I am so happy for you that your tumor was so small. You go girl! Be good to yourself and before you know it you will be back on your feet and running your worries away. - Cecelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I thought I would hear that news. ;-) You really are beating it, just like your friend said.

    Shine on little STAR! Love.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sis,

    Great news. I am so happy for you. I bet you can breath a little better knowing his part is behind you.

    ReplyDelete