Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Radiation Vacation

Well, a vacation of sorts. As part of my radiation treatments, I have been prescribed a "boost"... meaning 8-10 of my radiation treatments will be focused in on one tiny little area instead of the entire breast. This is because while my margins surrounding the tumor were all clear of cancer cells, there was one margin that was a little too close for comfort for my oncologist.

Usually the boost treatments are the last ones you get, but I heard that sometimes they can be inserted into the middle of the regular treatments to give sunburned skin a break. Today during my weekly visit with my radiation oncologist, he took one look at my pink skin and said, "yeah, we'll be starting the boost tomorrow".

So this is good news! My irritated skin could use a break and so could I. Because my body won't be working to repair as much, I should regain some of my energy back as well.

This vacation may not involve a beach or fruity cocktails, but right now it's the next best thing!

1 comment:

  1. "This vacation may not involve a beach or fruity cocktails, but right now it's the next best thing!"

    LOL .....

    ReplyDelete